Thursday, July 12, 2007

I don't even want to talk about it



This positioning thing is getting old. We have done a little thinking and the best we can come up with is that as far as over here is concerned, Tina is more like a Pettachi type sprinter and the sprinters that are doing well over here have one characteristic in common: they are more like a McEwen type sprinter...scrappy and can find their way through without necessarily a


leadout. Anyway, summary: there were 2 significant breaks that formed today, both of which got re-absorbed...but the result was that the only lulls were the 2 times the breaks were reeled in, the rest of time it was mock nine........42kph average for the 130km even with the turns etc. Anyway.


Tales of the day..........

Back at the hotel, Tina was looking for her fleece which she misplaces fairly often, and she decides to check my bag and digs it up COMPLETELY and leaves it saying to herself...ah well, Iona won't notice...........





oh won't I?


So, I did a good job of positioning today and was in a few moves, BUT, while I am happy with progress in that department, because I wasn't at the back of the field, where I normally hang out, it meant that I wasn't around to fetch the team some bottles from the car.. I did not drink today except the 2 I started with....and our feeders chose a spot today that didn't work out as we sped through there every time.

Anyway, really poor form not drinking in a race like this.....if you don't die today, that stuff catches up the next day for sure....so.....I came up with this plan to fake a fainting spell by the ambulances/medics angling for an IV for immediate re-hydration. In a go, they are buying the act....oh, she's severely dehydrated etc....they give me everything BUT the IV. I mean, stuff I could have gotten from Rachel our soigneur......and , because my blood pressure is so low always, they related that to my "dehydration" and would not let me out of there..............I was wasting my time and I could not get released! argh!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

well I must say the commentary and the pics are wicked..if those pics are wide yu awl (Yall) mussi (must be) really mauga (skinny)..keep up the good work and good luck to all of you. - Peter